Corduroy pants are made from cotton twill weave fabric. This means that the threads are woven in diagonal lines and have thick vertical ribs, known as wales. Corduroy pants are thick, durable, ridged and cozy. Corduroy pants can be worn casually or smart-casual. They are both comfortable and dressy. They can have a retro feel, and were once a staple of preppy menswear. However, they are now fashionable for everyone.
Here are 5 ways to style corduroy pants
Many outfit ideas can be inspired by the color and style of your corduroy trousers. These are some ideas for corduroy trousers
- You can sport a more formal style. For a casual but professional look, straight-leg corduroys are similar to chinos. Wear a button-down white shirt and a pair brown corduroy pants with it. A cashmere sweater or a matching corduroy jacket can give your outfit a formal touch.
- Loafers look great with slimmer pants. Loafers can be paired with slim-fit corduroys, just like skinny jeans. The pants are cinched at the ankles so you can show off your shoes. Add a turtleneck to complete the look.
- Wear a looser fitting to match fashion trends. For a youthful and trendy look, high-waisted corduroys have a wider leg. For a cozier look, pair looser, wider-leg pants with ankle boots and a hoodie.
- Play with color. You can make corduroys stand out with their own style, whether they are pink, purple, or green.
- Choose a classic combination. A crisp white shirt, whether loose or tucked into, will always go well with corduroy trousers. For a casual look, tuck your shirt in and wear it with a dressier shirt. Or wear your shirt loose and slip on sneakers.